Friday 20 January 2012

You do get what you want...

I want to recount an incident that made me get back my faith in GOD. I truly believe that some power out there truly exists that knows what's to be done.

On the 1st of January, 2012, i fell into an argument with a street vendor selling second hand and pirated(photocopied) books. I was asking him to give me 'The world is flat' + 'The professional' for Rs.150, as they were second hand a.w.a photocopied. He wasn't agreeing. He asked for 250. I felt 250 was too much as for just a little more I would get the originals! I bargained for straight 30min in the dusty heat and humidity of Mumbai, but all in vain. My mum yanked me away from there as she was getting too frustrated seeing a useless argument. I was totally pissed. I wanted to read those books. I took out my frustration on mum claiming that they never allow me to buy original novels! She was deeply hurt. For had it  not been for my parent's encouraging attitude, i wouldn't have realized my love for books. She kept silent. That night, I cried and cried. I was thinking - 'really, is this my life?? Can't i BUY even some novels to read? ? Why can't i have the guts to buy originals! Just because they are so costly and once read, remain untouched forever? Are they really waste of money!!??'
And I cursed God a lot for not letting me get what I love the most in my life. And I stuck to my 240X400 resolution e-books after that.
Enter Utsav-12, the annual cultural fest of our college. My friends become the coordinators. There are many events and competitions. My friends being coordinators are searching for as many entries as they can. They forcefully make me enter various competitions. I have no hopes of winning. I go there for name sake. I don't even know the prizes!
20th Jan 2012, there is the prize distribution ceremony of all the events. I'm there standing next to stage coordinating with the prize distribution.
Its then, that I find I've won prizes in elocution, best out of waste and quiz......

CROSSWORD coupons worth Rs.1,250..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment